Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Untitled

I’ve been speaking with my heart lately
She’s not happy with me
We spoke about her last lover
How she taught my fingers to play his spine the way a musician touch their guitar
How she used my chest plate as a dance floor
Dropping beats to the rhythm of his breathe
Left bruises on my neck from practicing the steps
I can still taste the sweat

Two left feet when he was gone
She took up hoe-baggin, lying and stealing instead
Just to pay the rent
No use talking to her when she’s like that
So I packed gun power down my throat
Iron gated my rib cage
Brick walled back
Collar bone booby trap

I forgot what her voice sounded like
Let the answering machine get it for so long
But there is actually a message for once

She can’t breathe

So I’ve been speaking with my heart lately
Speaking like I know where I come from
Like I know where I’m going
Like I know how to close the gap between who I am and who I want to become

Speaking honesty like it is the last thing that can save me

No comments:

Post a Comment