Thursday, November 25, 2010

If mechanics wrote love haikus

I only crash cars
That belong to my close friends
My record is clean

First car: age sixteen
Silver Honda Accord
It was a death trap

I learned to shift gears
By the feel of it: Listen,
Now let out the clutch

Then, from grey to blue
Angst became my fuel
Shifting with every impulse

Red, fast and wild
A Toyota Celica
Perfectly fitting

Too eager, too young
Overheated and broken
I'm no mechanic

Then I saw, I saw..
A Chilean stallion
A fable creature

You, my Elanore
Shilby GT 500
Unattainable

We had a nice ride
Cruising, Blasting rhythms of
"I love you so much"

It's hard to describe
Shifting into happiness,
Into your great light

You, fable creature
You have an amazing light
Of course you must share

I will wait for you
There are those who need your light
You must go to them


And you went to them.
I can only wait for so long
Before I must shift


It was a hard choice
Either I abandoned you
Or gave up my dreams

My dreams of travel
To find a me beyond men
To take time to walk


Desperate, I waited...
But to walk, one cannot wait.
It was a hard choice.


Unknown direction
Taking in my surroundings
Aimlessly, I walk

A poor man's Lexus
There, rusting in the hot sun
Awaiting new paint

No comments:

Post a Comment