Friday, October 22, 2010

Some Rants and Raves

Rants:

-I feel like I am being used as a baby-sitter
-People keep asking me for English tutoring
-It seems like my counterpart is in this weird circle of exclusivity that she wants me to be a part of...
-I have to be cautious about who I make friends with, who I let in my house and what things I let people see.
-Men are not afraid to flirt and touch you... I've got men hissing at me, grabbing at me, and telling me they love me...One guy at my site, a teenager, is particular annoying... He does this creepy cultural palm-tickle thing, tags alng whenever he sees me, tells me I'm handsom, buys street food for me and whatever kid I'm hanging out with and stops by my house smetimes when it is already dark... My American signs of "step off" are not wrking quite well so I have to start being more aggressive and straight forward

Raves:

-There is little to no light pollution here. I can see the Milky Way every night from my front yard
-I eat local and I eat fresh! Carrots, tomatoes, spinach, onions, green beans, beans, mangos, pibasy, cucumber, garlic..! A friend gave me sweet potatoes right from her front yard - they were still warm!!!
-I'm learning how to cook! I made pancakes with fruit compote from scratch!
-I'm starting to get why kids are so cute

No comments:

Post a Comment